There are some simple steps you can take to make more money through affiliate programs;
1. Capture e-mail addresses with an "opt-in" list before sending your visitor to the merchant vendor web site.
2. Write an un-biased review article about the product or program you are promoting.
3. Promote products that offer residual or recurring income commissions, such as web hosting packages, auto responders, and membership sites.
4. Give away free Viral E-book PDF's loaded with your affiliate links throughout.
5. Create your own Internet marketing ebook. Fill the e-book with 5-10 of your own affiliate links.
6. Create an affiliate marketing blog and update your content and keywords often.
7. Create simple yet affective internet marketing formula that can be condensed into a 10-20 page free PDF. Load the e-book with your affiliate links, products needed for your specific forumla to prosper.
8. Use your opt-in list and start your own affiliate marketing newsletter with valuable information on the best multi-tier affiliate marketing programs.
9. Join some two-tier affiliate programs and create an affiliate programs review directory of the top ten affiliate programs on the web.
10. When running a Yahoo Overture or Google Adwords ad, capture people's e-mail addresses with your opt-in list, instead of sending a prospect directly to a merchant from your site page.
Try your best!